Saturday 24 August 2013

More new toys for the studio

I've managed to add some new equipment to my studio this month. The first being an Alesis Midiverb 3 - which is fantastic by the way (IMHO). It's also my second ever hardware FX unit; the first being my Boss RSD-10 Sampling/Delay; a half-rack unit which I bought brand new in 1987-8 from the Soho Soundhouse back when it used to be in London's Soho Square ( I used to work next door in Austin Knight Advertising).

Alesis Midiverb 3 above Digi-001 ProTools interface

Boss RSD-10 Sampling Delay


My other purchase was something I had my eye on back in the early 90's - a E-mu Systems Proteus 1 unit. I have a couple of E-mu samplers already (ESI-32 and 2000) with plenty of EIII sample CD's, but to have those lovely 80's Emulator 3 samples on hand instantly is fantastic.

Proteus with Korg EX-800 (top) and Novation A-Station (bottom)


Now the fun part is ordering some more midi leads and audio cables (courtesy of Thomann) and plugging it all in properly so I can make the most of Opcode's OMS, Galaxy Librarian/Patch Editor and Vision DAW.

Vintage heaven!

No comments: